1. Shampoo your hair weekly; don't wait more than ten days, to avoid shedding.
2. Have a monthly deep conditioning treatment.
3. Get the ends of your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks to minimize split ends.
4. Sleep with a satin scarf or cap to maintain moisture balance.
5. If you have to blow dry your hair, use a non-greasy moisturizer cream, then sit underneath a hooded dryer for at least fifteen to twenty minutes (depending on how thick the hair is) before blowing it dry, to avoid dry and brittle hair.
6. Hair should be relaxed every 6-8 weeks but for shorter styles, more frequent relaxer will be necessary, it's best to wait until you have enough new growth before having your hair retouch, to avoid over processing.
7. Limit your use of hot styling tools per week.
8. Use only a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
9.Use only a wide tooth comb. Never brush the hair when it's wet.
10. Wait two to three weeks in between chemical to avoid breakage. After getting a chemical, (relaxers, colors, highlights, lowlights) avoid getting in a pool until after two or three weeks to avoid breakage or hair falling out.
1. Androgenic Alopecia - is the most common cause for hair loss.
2. Age - Aging can cause hair loss, which is a normal condition.
3. Medical Condition - hair loss can occur due to different medical conditions.
5. Stress - Stress plays an important part in hair loss, especially in women.
6. Hormone Problem
7. Thyroid gland/Thyroid - plays an important role in the ability to grow healthy hair.
9. Post Pregnancy
10. Junk food dieting
11. Hair Pulling
12. Use of drugs or alcohol
14. Untreated Dandruff
15. Heredity-most hair loss issues stem from our genes.
1. The perfect hair color or style compliments every aspect of your look. The wrong color can dull your complexion and add years to your appearance.
2. A healthy head counts up to 100,000 individual hair. 90% of these hairs are growing, the remaining hair is in transitional or in a resting phase. Daily between 50 to 100 old hairs are shedded.
3. The average head of hair grows a half inch per month (1 inch every two months, 6 inches in a year).